EXTENDED CUT #2: 9 STARTER IDEAS FOR YOUR FIRST HUSTLE
Bonus episode! If you’re just getting started in the world of side hustling, explore these different platforms and ideas, including Skillshare (teaching a class), Wyzant (tutoring), Etsy (selling handcrafted items), and 6 more.
Link to the Podcast: https://sidehustleschool.com/episode/x02/
NOTES FROM CHRIS
If you’re just getting started in the world of side hustling, explore these different platforms and ideas, including Skillshare (teaching a class), Wyzant (tutoring), Etsy (selling handcrafted items), and 6 more.
Consider taking on the challenge to try out one of these platforms and see it through. There’s little to no risk, and you may learn some valuable lessons along the way.
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
• Fiverr.com – Looking for an easy way to experiment with offering services? Testing out your ideas on Fiverr can help you develop your product or service (see Ep. 5)
• Upwork.com – Upwork is a fantastic resource whether you’re looking to test out your own services or find someone to help you get your side hustle off the ground.
• Fulfilled by Amazon – You can store your products in Amazon’s fulfillment centers, and they will pick, pack, ship, and provide customer service for all of your products. Best of all, FBA can help you scale your business and reach more customers (see Ep. 19).
• Etsy – The world’s largest homemade marketplace and ideal to help you get started selling your products today (see Ep. 6)
• Wyzant.com – Do you possess knowledge that others would pay for? Wyzant is a massive community of tutors that are matched to people looking to learn what you know (see Ep. 29). Helping people one-on-one
• Clarity.fm – Clarity is another website that is great whether you’re an expert or in need of one. Test your service in platform like Clarity before breaking off on your own.
• Skillshare – With thousands of videos spanning topics like mastering illustrations to mastering SEO, there’s plenty of ways you can share what you know with others or pick up a new skill.
• Highbrow – Pick up a new skill or create an online course yourself with this quick and easy service.
• CreativeMarket.com – Creative Market is a platform for designers and ideal for “mouse-made” design content and assets from independent creatives all around the world.(see Ep. 26)
• Society6 – If you’re artistically inclined, Society6 may fit the bill. You can sell your designs on a variety of items including laptop sleeves and travel mugs.
Inspiration is good; inspiration combined with action is better. Now get back to work!
This is an attempt to bring Chris’s ideas from the podcast to youtubeFull Credit to CHRIS GUILLEBEAU’s
How To Do Affiliate Marketing The Right Way
Every affiliate marketer needs to learn how to do affiliate marketing the right way. Affiliate marketing is the business model in which someone receives commission for promoting and selling another company’s product.What Affiliate Marketing Companies Do For You
Do you know what affiliate marketing companies do for you? It is vital to understand what these programs provide in order to avoid dangerous pitfalls. They provide not only support but a launching place to get started.7 Things Newbies Must Consider Before Joining An Affiliate Program In 2013
If you are on the fence of joining an affiliate program in 2013 there are a few things you need to consider before you go all in with your time and money. Don’t miss this, it really can make or brake your affiliate success.Avoid These 4 Affiliate Mistakes: Keys to Financial Success With Your Home Based Business
Competing in the world of affiliate marketing is a very competitive business. There are so many people wanting their piece of the pie that it would seem hopeless for the new affiliate and pretty soon, mistakes start to happen. This article was written so that these mistakes can be avoided when building your home based business.Good Small Business Ideas
Although countless jobs have now been eliminated by technology, the internet economy has created an incredible amount of good small business ideas for entrepreneurs. A small business can be started on the internet at a very low cost and managed on a part-time basis.