FREELANCE ILLUSTRATOR HELPS OTHER ARTISTS SELL THEIR WORK
A successful illustrator creates a side business earning more than $25,000 a year by helping artists sell their work online.
Link to the Podcast: https://sidehustleschool.com/episode/freelance-artist-email-series-storytelling/
Notes from Chris
There are a lot of artists out there, and the majority of them don’t make much money off of their art. Today’s side hustle story features a successful California illustrator named Chris Wilson who makes more than $25,000 a year on the site by helping artists accomplish their business goals.
This is not a unique business model—it’s a textbook example of “Information Marketing.” Chris shares a lot of valuable information and resources with his subscribers, and then offers premium (paid) content for those who are willing to invest more time and effort into mastering the material.
This model has been changing though with the rise of technology. It’s a lot like art itself, or music, or any form of publishing in the fact that it won’t ever go away completely. Instead, it evolves.
If this is something you’re interested in and want to create a hustle in this field, here are few tips:
1. Provide a real unique selling point (USP), and make sure that it appeals to a specific need of your audience.
2. Make sure that your content is results-focused.
3. Be a legit authority in the field. In other words, actually do what you’re claiming to show people how to do.
4. Provide high-quality content and include some kind of wow factor or hook to reel them in.
It definitely is an attractive business model with a lot of benefits—you just need to be able to work hard at it.
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
• Chris Wilson Studio: Learn more about Chris, his artwork, and his interactive workshops
• Art Biz Coach: Alyson Stanfield is an art business consultant and author of I’d Rather Be in the Studio: The Artist’s No-Excuse Guide to Self-Promotion
• The Abundant Artist: Cory Huff offers hundreds of free blog posts, podcast episodes, and instructional videos on selling art online
Inspiration is good; inspiration combined with action is better. Now get back to work!
Yours in the revolution,
This is an attempt to bring Chris’s ideas from the podcast to youtubeFull Credit to CHRIS GUILLEBEAU’s
Patience In Affiliate Marketing
Too many affiliates jump into the affiliate marketing field with high hopes, but because they don’t see a profit as quickly as they like, they quit too soon. Don’t quit before the harvest.Vital Characteristics for Affiliate Marketers
This article discusses what it takes to break into the affiliate marketing industry. It is intended for those who want to know how to really succeed at it.Amazon Affiliate Marketing Secrets Revealed
This article covers must have Amazon affiliate marketing tips. To make good money with amazon.com you need to know this very important lesson I learned the hard way.1 Important Affiliate Marketing Training Secret
Want the best affiliate marketing training? Me too my friend. I’m always learning and I want to share this simple yet effective tip with you. This tip converts more leads into sales then all other marketing tips combined.Affiliate Marketing Success Formula for the Internet Newbie
How can you achieve real affiliate marketing success when you’re not even sure if you’ll still have your job tomorrow? Here are three pointers for achieving affiliate marketing success along with motivational quotes and a real formula for affiliate marketing success…